Monday, November 30, 2009

HOLIDAY WEEKEND - WOOT

Ah, sweet bitterness. I loved, loved the long weekend, but getting up this morning and getting back in the swing was a total drag. We had a super fun and relaxing weekend. I got all our Christmas stuff up. (I love having my own house to decorate! However I want!! And my husband is so cute about decorating, he loves it and is so supportive of whatever I want to do.) I wish I could put up pictures, but refer to a previous post about our camera. I can't discuss it or I become ill.

Thursday morning we went down to Las Vegas for a good dose of service. We went to this really nice hotel and put together about 40 baskets, full of food; turkey, canned goods, non-perishable stuff, clothes & hygiene stuff. Then we got together in groups and went to deliver them to needy people. It was really fun to visit with them and see the little kids and how happy they were. Once again, wish I had pics...
Alex and I got done 3 hours before the rest of our family so we hung out for a while, walking up and down the crazy shops and trying on ridiculously ugly clothes and laughing. Then we had P.F. Chang's for Thanksgiving dinner. Mmmmmm!!! LOVE Chang's! Two words: MELON SHRIMP. YES.

Friday I went shopping a little and spent money we didn't have. I love buying gifts for people, I can't help it :)

Saturday we spent most of the day bumming around our house, I made some crafts that I'm giving as gifts (I love making stuff!) and then we hung out with my family for a while. PS - did anybody see the BYU/Utah game?! It was crazy! I yelled a lot in Troy's. Also, to all the people who are giving Max Hall crap for what he said about Utah fans: if anyone poured BEER all over my family and harassed them, I would speak of them in ways that would make Max Hall look like Shirley Temple.

And then there was Sunday. Church and then the real Thanksgiving dinner with the fam. Mmmmm. I love my mom's cooking and all the comfort of home that it brings.

And that brings us to today. Monday, Monday, Monday (said in booming announcer voice). It's been pretty good so far. My husband has been super cute and taking really good care of me. Tonight we're looking forward to a night in with a movie, cuddles, pumpkin roll and hot chocolate. Love!

1 comment:

Megan said...

hahaha! I could totally see you beating up some UofU person for that. You'd kick butt!