Friday, November 20, 2009

Thoughts I Have Thought

Unfortunately this morning did not start out well. I did NOT want to get out of bed and several other frustrating moments took place before I even got to work. I feel much better now, but somehow that orneriness seems to stick around a lot longer than it is invited to. I feel a little like this:



Here I will take a moment of the blog to address customers:
- Do not expect me to know what you want. You cannot call and think I can read your mind, or know how big you want your sign to be. You should figure those things out before you call me and bug me.
- Do not call me if you are a slow-talker. Period.
- Don't call me if you are not smart.
- Do NOT talk down to me and assume I don't know anything just because I sit at the front desk and look pretty. UGH.

Now I will dedicate a moment of this blog to some other, not so perturbed thoughts.
I read this REALLY great book in the last few days. I recommend "Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins to anyone and everyone. It is a post-apocalyptic, dysotpia story (totally my favorites) about this young girl who finds herself caught up in the manipulations of the evil and controlling government. It is SOOOOOO good. I could not put it down. It's really made me think about how we view the world and what life is like through one person's eyes. And how quickly that can change. For instance: 3 years ago I saw construction all over St. George and groaned at what a pain it was to drive in. Now I see construction on new buildings and I feel so happy that there are at least some people left with enough money to be building. Within a matter of a few short years my whole paradigm on how the world works has changed.
What will it be like for my kids? Will they hear me talk about the crazy recession and find it hard to imagine a life where people were so worried? Or will they find it crazy to imagine a time where millionaires were a dime a dozen?
It is amazing to me how much the world has changed in my lifetime. How much more Satan's influence is apparent in every day life. I am so glad and feel so lucky to have the gospel in my life and be able to attend the temple and find the refuge that waits there for me. I'm so glad I know who I am and where I'm going! Even though sometimes I forget and go off path, I always know how to get back on track and what is expected of me. So nice to havea a constant in a world that is ever-changing.

Sorry for the religious rant, but I'm so glad I know the truth!
And at least the blog ended on a happy note :)
YAY FOR THE WEEKEND!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love that book! My book club just read it last month and it was great. If you haven't read the second one, Catching Fire, go get it!