Monday, November 23, 2009

I am thankful

So my last blog wasn't the cheeriest piece of literature in the world, and I felt more of the same coming on today as I thought about what I could blog about. I don't like that. I am going to work on being much more happy and positive. So in an effort to bring you something other than another vent today, I set to work creating a list of things I'm thankful for. It is SO amazing how quickly this changes my mood around. I made a long list, and I plan to keep adding to it, but I will highlight some of my favorites here.

I am thankful for:
·A bed to sleep in, a home to call my own, running water, a car to drive, a heater to keep me warm, and a hot chocolate machine.
·Christmas.
·My husband, who constantly teaches me how to do things differently - and be okay with that.
·Butterflies, dandelions, beautiful flowers, fall colors, spring flowers, hoodie weather, lightning storms.
·Cuddling. And having someone to cuddle with for ALWAYS.
·Really good books.
·Friends. Those who you can always count on to be there for you, to love you, even if you haven’t spoken in months. Those who you can always laugh with, no matter what is going on in life. Those who will lie to you when you need it, and be brutally honest when you need that.
·Siblings, who are the best of friends.
·MUSIC.
·The opportunity to always be better, and the encouragement and acceptance from a perfect Father.
·Baby laughter.
·Puppy snuggles.
·Dan’s cooking.
·C.J. hugs.

I love life and am so grateful for ALL of the experiences that it brings. Sometimes I forget that, but I'm glad that I know I can always get back on the wagon.

P.S. - There's a guy coming to look at the Pontiac tonight! Please, please, please, Mr. Looking at the Pontiac guy, BUY OUR CAR SO WE CAN HAVE CHRISTMAS!!! K, thx, bye.

No comments: