Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Telekinesis Tuesday

Welcome to Telekinesis Tuesday, where you will enjoy random rambles about my philosophy on the human being and life.

What do you think you would be capable of if no one ever told you that you couldn't?
I think every person possesses an incalculable amount of power over their body and surroundings that we just don't realize.

The media tells you that you need pills to control whatever ails you. No, you don't. Forgive me for getting religious on you here, but would an all-loving Heavenly Father send us to this earth and lock our souls in a prison that we had no control over? To further my point, I will ask: why do we fast? To gain control over our bodies and our desires of the flesh. To what extent can we gain such control? I believe it is limitless.

I watched a movie the other day that said "what if no one ever told you that a bullet only goes straight?" and from there proceeded to make bullets bend around objects, which I have to say was very cool. But seriously, what if no one ever told you that germs make you sick and you have no control over it? What if no one ever told you that your family has a history of diabetes, cancer, Parkinson's, so you would probably get it?

I really believe that we have the possibility to have so much control over our bodies, and Heavenly Father urges us to develop that. I have always been fascinated with people who were able to heal themselves of cancer, defy all the odds and the expectations of the "professionals". YOU are the professional of YOUR body. No one can know how to take care of your body better than you.

Your homework: watch "Men Who Stare at Goats". First of all, it is hilarious. Second of all, it strongly supports my thesis.

7 comments:

Megan said...

I love you, but since you invited everyone to comment this week, I will. :-)
First, read the Bible Dictionary on Fasting. It's modern purposes are much more about spiritual development than control over desires. It is a time of thanks and spiritual focus.
Second, I have to agree to disagree with you that people heal themselves from cancer. I am of the belief that the Lord chooses to heal these wonderful people because of their faith and perseverance.
I too have a belief that people can control their attitude and to an extent their bodies. Though I think this is done by taking care of yourself and treating your body like the temple that it is, rather than a powerful mental ability to repel disease and sickness. It is simple scientific, and gospel, fact that your body responds better if you keep a good attitude, as opposed to laying down and just "accepting" that you will get sick, mostly because it reduces stress on your body.
I agree that people often hold themselves back because people tell them they can't. However, I think that things like telekinesis go beyond the belief of self power and into the world of mysticism. Things such as this, I believe, diminish the power of the Lord and His plan for us. It almost makes it seem as if we have as much power as God, rather than that we strive to someday be as God.

These are my thoughts. I'm glad you post stuff like this. It's fun to think and share ideas. :-)

JlynTheo said...

Megan,
I totally agree with your purposes of fasting that you stated and I apologize if it came across that I meant that gaining control over our bodies was the ONLY reason for fasting. However, any research on fasting will point out that it is one VERY important reason.
As for healing ourselves, I do not believe that by doing this we are diminishing God's power. In fact, I believe it showcases God's power working in us. Don't get me wrong in thinking that I think we can do it all on our own. Absolutely not. It requires faith, hard work and the Lord's will.
I think Heavenly Father expects us to take care of the bodies He gave us and, if we allow it, He will aid us in gaining the knowledge and will power we need to become masters of ourselves.

Alex Theobald said...

How 'bout the power to kill a yak, from 200 yards away...
with mind bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle.
How 'bout the power... to move you?

-Tenacious D, Wonderboy

Telekinesis is the power to move objects with your mind. It's not gonna keep you from being sick. I do, however, totally support the the hypothesis of spirit over mind over body (there's probably a cool word latin-based word like telekinesis for it, but I don't know it off the top of my head and I have to go to work 2 minutes ago).

JlynTheo said...

I KNOW what telekinesis is. It's just that "I believe in the power of spirit over mind Tuesday" is not as catchy. Sheesh, husband.

Janet said...

I, along with Dean Nixon, firmly believe that man can fly unassisted. The human brain is capable of much more than we give it credit for. In ancient times, many miracles were performed and I believe that these can continue to happen, not being explained away by "modern medicine" or "technology." Is that how Christ turned water into wine? Is that how He walked on water? Technology? I believe we are capable of so much more here on this Earth and simply do not have enough faith to make it happen. One can MOVE A MOUNTAIN with just the faith of a mustard seed.

Megan said...

In response to Janet, yes many miracles were and are performed. But that is through faith and the power of God, not the power of man.

And Jaylyn, I agree with you to an extent I think. I believe we have a great deal of control over our mind and bodies (we are supposed to overcome the natural man). Though I believe that while on this earth, we have limits because we will not reach our full spiritual potential in this life.

Megan said...

I hope my debate creations won't stop you from posting. :-) I enjoy your thoughts and the things they cause me to think about. My history mind enjoys a good debate and I apologize if I get a little too into it sometimes. :-) Luv ya tonz.