Tuesday, March 9, 2010

OSCARS

First of all, I am horrible at taking pictures. I used to have the excuse of not having a camera, but I have one now and I still suck. So I'm sorry I don't have pictures from my awesome Oscars party, but you'll just have to believe me when I say it was super fun.

One of my favorite part of the Oscars is commenting on dresses, so here are my votes for best dressed (and maybe a few worst dressed).

This was my favorite dress of the entire evening. She ALWAYS looks stunning.
Penelope Cruz

This was my second pick for the evening. So elegant with just a little splash of color to make it exciting.
Rachel McAdams

She is SO hot. How does she do it at her age?
Demi Moore

There were a lot of people who didn't like this dress, but I thought she rocked it.
Vera Farmiga

I think Helen is one of the classiest, if not THE classiest, ladies in Hollywood. She is always looking good. This was no exception.


Here are a few that didn't rock their dresses.
I hate Maggie Gyllenhaal. She drives me insane, and this dress made it even worse. Are we at a luau? Hmmm, cuz I thought we were at the Oscars.

I usually like Diane Kruger, but this dress was a mess.


As for the awards, well let's just say that I was SORELY disappointed in how many awards The Hurt Locker received. I don't know how to tell you this, but IT WASN'T THAT GOOD OF A MOVIE. I nearly fell asleep three times. And let's be honest, the best director award was purely political (it being the first time the award was given to a woman) and less about actual talent shown.

In my opinion Avatar changed the way movies are made forever, and it totally got snubbed. James Cameron may be disliked in Hollywood, but he makes dang good movies. And hmmm, isn't that what the Oscars are about?

On the other hand, Sandra Bullock scored a million points in my book with her classy, funny and moving acceptance speech. I think it was the highlight of the evening.

Overall I guessed 13 of the 24 categories correct (tying for the most at my party). It's not that great of a score, but I was correct on all the important awards (like I would know who would win best live action short film) except for best picture. As much as I was worried Hurt Locker would win, I voted Avatar and crossed my fingers.

I have conceded to watch Hurt Locker again to see if maybe I was just in a sour mood when I saw it the first time. I will try my hardest to go in with an open mind. But I'm not making any promises.
Avatar should have won.

No comments: