Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend of Awesome

I admit that Friday was lame. I was sooooo tired from a week of not sleeping at all. Alex has been sick, and he breathes REALLY loudly. So we took turns on the couch for most of last week. So Friday I went to bed super early, but that was perfect because then I was prepared for a full day on Saturday.

First, we woke up REAAAAAAALY early

I totally want a Care Bears alarm clock, by the way.

Then we went to go get our Bountiful Basket!

This is easily the coolest thing I have come across in a long time. We got SO much stuff for SO cheap. We got two small cartons of blueberries, a carton of strawberries, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, several baby cucumbers, zucchini, a ton of oranges, apples, two bunches of bananas, one bunch of asparagus and several pears. It was only $15!! We went to Wal-Mart after and found out that the berries ALONE would've been $12! I am super psyched about it. http://www.bountifulbaskets.org/

Then we went to breakfast at JB's. It was surprisingly delicious.

Then we went to a flea market to kill time until the bread store opened.

Then we got our filthy car washed!

It has not been so sparkly clean since we bought it! And we got a free air-freshener!
And then it rained that night...

Then we got CHEAP bread at Old Home Bakery. Seriously, it's like $3 at Wal-Mart and they sell it for 75 cents!


Then we went grocery shopping and only went $6 over budget. Score.

Then we got home and it was only 12:00!! I have to admit that as much as I hate mornings, it was so nice to get so much done before the day was gone.
We left all doors and windows open because it looked like this outside:

We laid on the couch and took a short little nap and I thought to myself: This. Is. Awesome.
We got the best Won-Tons ever for an afternoon snack.
We played Super Mario on the Wii (best Wii game ever).

Then we went to dinner with my favorite brother and ate delicious Brazilian food.


Then we played games with said favorite brother and my cousin Jeffrey.

After games Jeffrey had us in stitches with mission stories. "EFF France!!" :)

All in all, it was one of the best days ever. On Sunday my cousin Amy blessed her adorable, big-ol'-cheeked little boy so I got to spend time with my awesome fam, and eat freakin awesome food. These rolls were one of the best things I've ever tasted. I had like 5.

Chicken Rolls
Filed under: Dinner - degraff @ 2:37 pm
8 oz cream cheese softened
6 T melted butter
4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 T milk
2 T chopped onion
3/4 cup bread crumbs (seasoned is a good choice, or you can season plain crumbs yourself)
36 count package Rhodes frozen dinner rolls

With a hand mixer, blend cream cheese, milk and 2 T melted butter until smooth. Add chicken, salt, pepper and onion. Mix well. Flatten out one roll and put spoonful of chicken mixture in the middle. Pull corners to twist and close, sealing dough. Dip in butter and then bread crumbs. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Top with chicken gravy.

I hope everyone's weekend was as great as mine! I'm excited to make this week just as good!!

2 comments:

Reggie said...

I'm offended that you left reminiscing with me off you list of this awesome day! And the freaking cool rain and the puddle you drove through; you left those off, too :D

Reggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.