Sunday, January 23, 2011

Anniversary Weekend in Brianhead

Alex and I really wanted to do something fun/really cheap for our anniversary this year and we ended up getting hooked up with a free room at the Cedar Breaks Lodge in Brianhead for the weekend! Woot!

So Thursday night we hung out with our besties, the Telfords, and I started feeling really weird/nauseated/sicky/headachey, so I went to bed early, especially after Alex told me I had a fever. BOO. I was trying SO hard to fight it off because I didn't want our weekend to be ruined. So the next morning I was totally raunchy because I felt awful, but knew I had to go to work because I already told them I was leaving early and I KNEW that if I called in sick they would just think I wanted to leave early for vacation. Nobody wants that. So I went in and sickied all over them. I had a fever and sinus congestion all day. I left around lunch time and Alex and I started to get stuff ready for our trip. He was really tired and I was so sick and we both wondered if we should go but we knew we'd regret it if we didn't.

So... I passed out for the whole trip up, mentally punching Alex's throat whenever the car lurched enough to wake me. He was so sweet to drive the whole way and let me sleep. But he still deserved some throat punches.


Then we got to the lodge (no, we didn't take ANY pictures. FAIL.) and I passed out again and started feeling SO much worse. On top of the sinus pressure/headache/intense body aches, stiffness and pains/sore throat/stuffy nose I started to feel really sick to my stomach. Ugh. When I woke up after tossing and miserably groaning for an hour or two Alex gave me a blessing and I was able to fall back asleep and felt so much better after waking. Yay for the priesthood! I was even hungry, so we went to the on-site cafe, which we loved! It was so yummy and not even over-priced at all. I have much love for people who don't over-price things just because they can.

So I got a salad.

Bad. Choice.

I felt totally fine going to bed and then the middle of the night the "oh my gosh, I might die or maybe just throw up my intestines" feeling came back again. Kept me awake and whimpering for an hour, then I went and threw up. Salad. SICK. But then I was able to sleep - yay!

So that's the really long account of the sucky first, very non-romantic, night of our weekend. I was weak for the rest of the time and still had a sore throat and stuffy nose but felt much better. I would like to tell you of fun adventures and awesome things we did, but we seriously did nothing all day Saturday. Nothing. We watched TV (it was Nazi day on the History Channel!), played games, read books, slept on and off, took baths and showers (the bathtub had jets!) and looked out the window at the icicles, waiting for them to fall and seriously injure someone below. Not as a sick, sadistic wish, but that maybe we might have a millisecond to yell "SIR! Look out, a 3 foot icicle is about to strike your head from above!" But really it would just come out "Bleahhhahhhaaaaaaaa!" If you can name which comedian I am referencing your "I'm a rockstar" meter will rise by 10 points. Post a comment and I will notify the winner of their current standing on said meter.


(Side note: I got this from a news story titled "Falling Icicles Kill And Injure Record Numbers In St. Petersburg". See, this shiz is real.

Then we came home today and played video games and forgot what time was.

All in all, a pretty rockin weekend.