Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursday Things

Just a few things to report on.

First of all, Alex and I made an INCREDIBLE dinner last night. I made a yam soup (sounds weird, I know. And there was peanut butter in it!) and it was delish. It turned out very southwestern-y, with rice, salsa and garbanzo beans. Alex made lettuce wraps. He made P.F. Chang's recipe lettuce wraps. Oh. My. Gosh. Soooo good!! Albeit they were not Chang's exactly, but it's not a two-hour drive and a $50 endeavor.

We bought another camera. It is pretty and I'm super excited to take pictures of stuff again.
We tried using my really old camera but it has a broken screen and so we never used it. It was expensive, but so worth it. This camera has it all.

Next let me tell you about my nightmare that was actually a real experience that I had last night. It was 2:30 in the morning and I was sleeping. Then I woke up because I had hit my face, like you unconsciously do when something is tickling it. It was weird because it felt like food or something (yes, this is my middle of the night brain. I actually thought "that felt like garlic". Literally.) So I got out of bed and turned on the closet light to see if I could see anything. All the while wondering if I had just imagined it. I saw something light on the sheet (it was still pretty dark just with the closet light on) so I touched it.... and it MOVED! So I may or may not have said a curse word and then flipped the light on and saw THIS

Did I yell and squish it very angrily? Yes. Did I run into the bathroom and nearly throw up? Yes. Did I lie awake in bed for the next 45 minutes envisioning it climbing all over my face and so near my mouth and worry about it laying eggs in my throat? Definitely.
I am nauseated now just thinking about it.

On to better things. Tonight I am making cantaloupe bread.

4 comments:

Lauren Ricci said...

My mom despises cockroaches after living in St. George. Everything about them. I found a huge spider in my sheets one time and was afraid to sleep in them for a bit. HATE anything creepy crawly!

Anonymous said...

Did you get kale in your bountiful basket? What the H am I supposed to do with it? I have only ever seen it as a decoration under something on a plate, not to eat.

JlynTheo said...

I did not get any kale! What the jive? I've heard of some pretty good recipes for it, though. And that it is uber healthy. I'd just google it. Don't you love trying new things?

Alex Theobald said...

... no cantaloupe bread yet...