Friday, April 16, 2010

Doobie Doobie Doo

Ok, so I didn't actually get to the DMV until a whole week later. It turned out that the gaping jaws of hell really referred to Big O Tires because it took them an hour and a half to do my safety inspection and then tell me I need new tires.
So I went yesterday and I have to say I was very impressed. I went to the drivers license division to update my license and that took about 30 minutes, which was not bad at all. But I'm bugged about having to take a new picture because my old one will go down in history as one of the best, if not THE best, license pictures of all time. I look like a dork in the new one. Ugh.
Then - this next part is amazing. Are you ready? I don't think you're ready. I walked in the door of the DMV to register the truck. Four minutes - I kid you not, FOUR minutes later I was out the door. W.H.O.A. It was awesome.

In other news, I have found a new obsession in sewing and I am feeling the need to spend an inordinate amount of money on a really nice sewing machine. Where did this obsession sprout from, you may ask. I will tell you. For craft night this month we made aprons. Mine is adorable. And I MADE it! I made it! Well, with a lot of help from my mother-in-law who is a sewing goddess. So for now I will go to her house to use her machine and avoid the inordinancy-ness.

I am getting really excited for summer. Camping. Hiking. Swimming. BBQs. Parks. Laying Out. WOOT. Woot, I say.
Alex and I have made the ambitious goal of hiking every hike in Zion this summer. It will be quite the undertaking and quite the awesomeness.

Yay for the weekend! Seriously.

1 comment:

Channing said...

Jaylyn! I'm so glad I found your blog! You and Alex sound like you're having so much fun together! I was so excited to see that it only took you 4 min at the DMV-- because that's what I get to do next time I'm in St. George. . . and I've just been dreading, dreading, dreading. Hopefully I'll have the same experience as you. . . except for the picture part hahaha I still have my first picture. . . I had been dropped off at the DMV after tennis practice-- need I say more. So hopefully this one is a little bit better!