Monday, April 26, 2010

Superb. What a weird word.

So I had a fantastic weekend! Al and I saw The Losers on Friday - HUH LARIOUS. Right after it was over I literally wanted to watch it again. That NEVER happens with me. Saturday we went to Zion and did the Canyon Overlook hike. It was so beautiful and a really fun hike. It feels so great to be out in nature again! Then we had lunch at a delicious place called Wildcat Willies and hung out at the Earth Day celebration and all the granola people. I loved it.
I thought I would be sore from hiking, but I'm not. What I am sore from is skateboarding adventures. I'm just learning and I haven't had any momentous tumbles...until Saturday. Let me try to paint you this picture. So I'm going up a hill and I push off with my back foot, only said foot doesn't make it back on to the board in time to be invited on the ride. So my back foot stayed on the ground while the rest of me went forward about 4 feet. I didn't know I could do the splits! Oh wait, I can't. Ow.
Pain. Lots and lots of pain.
Then I got back up and did it again. I'm such a dork. So the insides of my thighs kill as well as my forearms from impact, and my palms are bruised. Am I a legit skateboarder now? I think so.

Alex and I had several very fun and interesting conversations over the weekend. I love that we still talk all the time. We are in love. Also, we came up with an awesome car game! How many times have I tried to come up with road trip games? A lot. How many times have I been successful? Counting this try, once. We played it all day Saturday. Here's how you play: turn on the radio and listen to a song until it reminds you of another song, then you sing a bit of that song until the other person is reminded of a different song, then they sing that until it reminds you.... and so on and so forth. If you get stuck you can just turn the radio back on for inspiration. It is so fun. Try it. Then report back to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I typed a super cool comment, but after jumping through all the hoops to submit it, the blogosphere ate it. So, I just wanted you to know that I am a faithful reader.

Ruth said...

Awww!!! I think that is so cool you are learning to skateboard. Did Alex ever tell you about when he broke MY skateboard in half!? :P And yes I think your injuries make you "legit"! I never got injured that badly back when I could do your basic tic-tac move lol. Good luck! :)