Thursday, October 21, 2010

Wee Hours of the Morning Rant

Whenever I hear/think about the song "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning" I hear Karyn Stubbs in my head singing the solo from Trilogy and it makes me melt. We decided as a group once that her voice was like a giant marshmallow that had absorbed a cup of hot chocolate.
Random.

Anyway, this morning I am still on fire about the Jim Matheson/Morgan Philpot debate I had the great pleasure to attend yesterday. I LOVED the feeling as I walked out of there - power. It was power. We have power in our nation! What a blessing!! Favorite quote of the day (of course, by Morgan): "86% of Congress is up for re-election this year. We can literally take back America in ONE DAY!" AAH! How invigorating.

It has also come to my attention, mostly on Facebook, that people are "sick" of the political comments. Ummm... hold on a second while I try to breathe through this so I don't absolutely freak out. Are you kidding me!? Then you know what, YOU can move to a country where you will get SHOT for stating your opinion. Ugh. MOST of this country has no respect for the incredible freedoms we have. Please try to remember how many people have died, protecting those freedoms for you. Please try to remember how many millions of people around the world don't enjoy half of the freedoms that you do. We truly are blessed, and with blessings come responsibilities.

I understand if you don't agree with my views and who I support, but most of my posts are all about just EDUCATING yourself. Do the research and then use your POWER, your RIGHT, your RESPONSIBILITY to vote!!

So many people would just rather sit on the sidelines and complain about what's going on in D.C. but can't even take the time to do the research and be an informed voter.
Rant over - please, please, please just take the time this political season and be an American. Exercise your right to be an American.

If you missed it and would like to see Matheson get whomped, here is a link to the video of the debate.
http://bit.ly/PhilpotDebate

4 comments:

Megan said...

Ah Karyn. I miss that velvety voice of hers.

Ruth said...

AMEN SISTA! Love ya

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

While I understand your frustration, I am one of "those people" who were sick of the political crap that overtakes us every year in September and October. I think the road signs are equivalent to trash people throw out their windows while driving down the road. And as we have seen in previous votes, including CA voting to legalize marijuana SEVERAL times, which I don't necessarily agree with, the people voted. And also CA and many other states voting to not legalize gay marriage, again SEVERAL TIMES, the government doesn't give a damn what the voters say.

Like you said, this is a country where we can state our opinion, so stop attacking me for stating mine. And don’t tell me to go to a country where I can be killed for stating it, because that is what you were doing in your rant. Stating your own opinion. Voting or not, I can still be sick of hearing about it!