Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One Year Anniversary!

I've been uber excited to post about this because we had an AMAZING anniversary. What Alex did for me could not have been any more perfect. Read on!

On Saturday we went up to Zion, with the original intent to do a hike, but it was dang cold! So we just went to lunch and walked around the shops. We found guns!




They were really heavy, just like the real old-fashioned guns.

I bought a cute new bracelet because Alex made me :)



Ok, so I love Colbie Caillait, right? Right. Alex knows this, like a good husband :)
So I come out of the bedroom on Sunday morning (our actual anniversary) and the song "Bubbly" by her was playing, a bubble machine was blowing bubbles right in front of me and the walls were covered in balloons that were filled with reasons that he loves me. I know, right??!!!?? Best. Anniversary. Ever. I stood in the doorway and totally cried for a minute :) I'm such a sucker for romantic stuff. Here are some pictures. Sorry they're fuzzy, I think the flash was turned off.




So basically it was amazing. I should've gotten some pictures of what I got him...but I didn't. I did a big print of one of our wedding pictures for our bedroom and some vinyl lettering. And I made a book of pictures and memories from our first year.

For dinner that night our awesome friend, Dan the MexiCAN came to make us a gourmet meal!! It literally was probably the best meal I've ever had. Grab a napkin, cuz you might drool when you see the pictures :)






So there you have it. Our anniversary was amazing and I am so grateful to be married to someone who loves me for who I am and who puts up with me when I hurt myself a lot and whine about it, like I have the last few days...
Check out this awesome burn from an epic incident with a Cup o' Noodles:



It hurt SO bad! But it doesn't hurt anymore, and it didn't blister, so I'm counting my blessings. So there is what's new in our life. Pretty exciting, eh?

3 comments:

Megan said...

I've had worse from lasagna out of the microwave. And it did blister. Yay for clumsiness!

Anonymous said...

I read this one too, I think twice. The first time wasnt so in depth I think. Your hubby is so sweet. Look at him planning ahead and everything. Not many guys do that.

Alex Theobald said...

Planning ahead? ha!