Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oh yeah, Christmas came and went...



Whoa, it's been a while... I'm already slacking in the "blog often" quest. It's really, really hard to be motivated to do it when I don't have any pictures to show. BUT good news in that department. Whoa - time out. I just remembered that I had a very vivid dream last night in which a woman called to tell me she had found my camera. I literally cried with joy. Alas, just a dream.
Anyway - mine and Al's one year anniversary is in three weeks (HOLY CRAP, I know!)and we decided that instead of a big expensive trip we're going to buy a new camera! YAY! I'm so excited to have one again. So stay tuned for pictures in a few weeks!

Ok, so I guess I better give the Holiday report. It was totally awesome. I absolutely love Christmas. We went caroling with my family the Sunday before Christmas. I love, love, love being with my family and sharing our talents with people. We got to spend Christmas Eve with my family having dinner and chatting and then we went to the Theobald's and they were pretty much done partying so we helped them with gifts. Christmas morning was a new experience with just Alex and me. It was...quiet :) So fun, though! He loved all his gifts and he did really well with mine! He got me make up and bathroom stuff (I love getting stuff that I would've had to buy myself in a few weeks), P90X work out stuff (so pumped to start next week!), a massage!, and the highlight was a craft storage box that he decorated himself!! He told me to tell everyone that it is very manly but it is the cutest thing ever. He did such an amazing job! Thanks, babe!

We also got some awesome gifts from other family members, including a VERY generous gift from Al's parents. Also movie money and gift card for Texas Roadhouse! Couldn't ask for anything better.

We've been to the movies a few times and have seen Sherlock Holmes and Avatar, both of which were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I'm excited for some other movies coming out in January. I LOVE movies :D We also got to hang out with some friends from high shcool and we had a freaking blast. I hate video games, unless played with a group of crazy friends that yell the whole time.

I can't believe how fast the last few weeks have gone, let alone the last year!! It seems like just yesterday that I was planning my wedding. P.S. let me know if you have any ideas of what Al and I can do for our anniversary. We'd like to stay somewhere other than our house (a cabin, vacation rental, etc) for really, really cheap so we can afford our camera. Long shot, I know, but I figure people have vacant stuff all over the place that they'd die to make $50 off of.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and that you have a Happy New Year!!

-Jaylyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even this one. And it was alot of work because I had to put in that stupid captcha on every one, and then start over at the top and scroll down all the way. So I hope you know I love you! And it will give you a few minutes with something to do while you are bored at work reading my new comments. I hope you were excited to see each post had one new comment.