Monday, December 14, 2009

Holy crap, Christmas is soon!

Ok, I admit that I have no motivation to blog when I don't have exciting pictures to show. We've definitely had some fun times, but when I don't have cool pictures maybe I think you won't believe me or something. But I'll tell you about them anyway.

Last week the highlight was both of our work Christmas parties. Well, mine much more so than Alex's :) They were coincidentally on the same night, so we had dinner at his work (Heritage Elementary) where we were basically shunned as everyone else sat at different tables, so we left after 30 minutes. Which was great with me because I was dying to get to my work party! Guys, I don't know how to tell you this, but my work rocks. I love everyone I work with. Even the ones I don't like, I love. Hope that makes sense :) We had a total blast decorating gingerbread houses, playing this crazy dice game for prizes (during which I may or may not have screamed a lot of profanities) and playing a really fun white elephant game. We walked away with "Anger Management" on dvd, a cute ceramic popcorn bowl with goodies and a $25 gift certificate for Red Lobster! Yeah, baby! I looooove Red Lobster and haven't been in forever.

The weekend was super fun. I got some awesome sister time going to lunch and getting free manicures! I love free stuff! And then we almost sold the car. Ugh. I don't think we'll ever sell it. We'll end up selling it for parts when we finally get the stupid thing paid off. Or maybe we'll donate it to one of the schools for the Homecoming week when they destroy a car decorated like their rival. I would be okay with that. We got some Dan time on Saturday, which is always great. Love that kid.

I'm looking forward to decorating gingerbread houses and dinner with Dan this week.
On a side note, I wish I knew what I should be doing with my life right now. And how to get motivated to do so. That's all.

2 comments:

Reggie said...

I'm so with you on the wishing I knew what I was doing with my life and that I had the motivation to do something about it. I've been really bummed out it lately. Oh, and I love Dan also :)

P.S. I thought it was quite fitting that after you screamed profanities during the dice game that you won Anger Management :P

Love you!

Mason said...

GO JAYLYN AND AL!