Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lifey Life

Fail. Again.
I will try to do better, that's all I can say about that.

Life is A M A Z I N G.
Where can I begin? Over the last several weeks Alex and I have been able to hang out with awesome friends, buy new toys, play with family, connect with old friends, craft up a storm (okay, mostly me on that one) and love each other like crazy!

During the last week of August and into the first of September I was SO busy at work, I thought I might die. I was working 11-12 hour days continually and couldn't have been more grateful for Labor Day and the extra (paid!) day off work. We were able to have lunch with one of Alex's mission companions and his cute wife. Isn't re-connecting so much fun? I always come away from fun times with friends and family so grateful for relationships, and feeling so blessed at how we have the opportunity to nourish those relationships.

Over the next few weeks work slowed back down again for me (thankfully and discouragingly) and Alex continued on at the school, some of his kids getting a lot harder to handle. He is not enjoying his job as much this year and we have been considering other options at this point.

This last weekend was a super fun one! While Alex worked his tail off for the Census all summer long, we just let the money he was making pile up in an account because we didn't need it to pay bills. What a surprise to get to the end of the summer and realize how much extra money we had! So we thought and thought about something we could treat ourselves with and decided on a laptop, since the computer (that doesn't even belong to us) in our place is literally a dinosaur. Sometimes it sprouts claws and breathes fire when we try to run any sort of program. It doesn't even have Word. We have basically been living in the stone age: no computer, no IPod, no flashy cell phones with Internet, no big TV, and so on. We didn't mind at all, especially considering that Obama couldn't watch us from our 1990-something TV :) JK.
But seriously.
So anyway, we ordered this laptop online:

It is super cute and we added all the extra stuff to make it purely awesome.
This laptop is like a super sleek, fast and extra cool dinosaur that will probably mutilate our old computer for pure enjoyment.

The next day we went to Wal-Mart to get some food and walked out with a 42" TV. Hehe. We really are not impulse buyers, or people who squander all their money, but this was so much fun. We love our pretty tv!

We came home, set up our tv, re-arranged our whole house, and put up some Halloween decorations.
I am pretty much obsessed with Halloween (a new-found obsession this year, actually) and have been literally dreaming about all the crafts I want to make for weeks. I worked on a few over the weekend:

Mod-Podged block letters


And the second shot without the flash so you can see how eerily spooky they look with my awesome light shining from the bottom!



I love this because it was purely my idea - I didn't get it online like I do almost all my other crafts.


This is the Halloween tree that we did for craft night this last week.


Close-up of some of the ornaments. So fun!


I am shamelessly getting together with my cousin and sister tonight to do more Halloween crafts! I'm so glad I still have a whole month to do more.
(Yes, I may be a teensy bit insane).

Alex and I will be going to my Palmer family reunion this weekend and I'm super excited since a lot of my family haven't even met Alex. It will be satisfying to show him off :)

Please cast your votes on what blog should be next:
(Seriously, comment, or I might cry thinking about no one reading my blog...)
-Reviews on books I read over the summer
-Rant about Obama and current events
-Date nights with Alex
-My new credit card
Note: these last two may be combined together for a random-themed blog.
-Deep thoughts on life

Until next time! Which will hopefully be within a week instead of over a month...

3 comments:

Tricia Jeanne said...

Haha, I think about crying sometimes when I write something and no one comments! Good to know you're being read right? ;)
I would LOVE your book reviews! Also I am fond of deep thoughts on life myself. JMO. (is that even a real acronym by the wat? Just my opinion?)

Trina, Braiden, Dmo and Anya said...

I say Rant on Obama, because I do that a lot!

Janet said...

Book review. And I'm glad you blogged.