Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

This is what I get to plant in front of my house this week!

Wish me luck, because I kill pretty much every plant I breathe on.
I have massacred like 6 plants in my office over the last 3 years. But I like to blame it on the Sahara-Desert-like conditions in the heated glass encased place they like to call "the lobby".

Isn't it funny how much you change after you get married? And by "you" I mean "I".
I was never one for cooking, crafts, gardening, being homely-ish, etc. And now I am all of these! Even homely, as I basically never do my hair anymore. Up in a bun with a headband. It's my trademark. I'm working on a copyright.
Any-hoo, the point being that I love to cook, I love crafts (sometimes to a ridiculous amount... of money), and I am starting to feel the itch for gardening. I read a quote the other day about the mother coming into existence once the child is born, for before she never existed. I kind of feel the same way as the wife. I specifically remember telling Alex that I was not the "Sure, I'll get some snacks together for your friends while you sit on the couch and jam" kind of wife or mother, and to be prepared for that. Guess what I did just two days ago? "Here you go, boys. Chips and dip, bread and dip, and ice-cold Mountain Dews." (Then an internal wink to myself - yes, I just scored "best wife ever" points.)

Sometimes I wish I was more eccentric. Poll: do you think I'm eccentric? I feel like sometimes my life is kind of blah. I wish that I had something that I was like killer passionate about. Like my sister and child birth. Or my mom and indexing (ha!). Or Reagan and bikes. Or - or! It would be totally awesome if it was something that would guide me in choosing my education. I so envy those people who have known what they've wanted to do since they were 10.

So that's my rant for today. Tonight: Quality time with friends and delicious food. (Didn't that sound like a horoscope? I should write those).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also feel like I have nothing that I am uberpassionate about, but its okay to just like alot of different things. I also feel like I have changed alot in the last couple of years since being married and even more since kids, and each one takes a little more time from things I can do for myself. I dont even get my hair into a bun with a headband, and hardly ever wear anything but pajama pants and my Army shirt (please, please nominate me for What Not To Wear), but you adapt as life changes. You are fantastic. I LOVE YOU! And I am SOOOOO excited to make the flowers next week!